Commercial real estate is a investment that is rising in the capital markets arena.The outlook is positive despite and because of massive uncertainity in the stock market,the economy,regulatory changes,and the political enviroment.The forecast for the second half of 2011 is based on economic drivers (slowing down and less than predicted by most forecastors), the residential recovery (which is not happening), new regulatory rules (which will not be as offensive as convential wisdom indicates), improving CRE fundamentals (which are tracking historic norms but slighly slower), along with the equity markets (still strong) and the debt markets (improving but relying too much on a dysfunctional CMBS industry).What is hot– multifamily, hotels, selected CBD offices especially NYC, infill retail in urban areas especially luxury oriented brands. Watch REITS including global reits.
- Our mission is to take a forward look at evolving CRE trends to provide clients and investors with the cutting-edge thought leadership and intellectual capital needed to stay ahead of the market.
- This report is the most recent in a series, issued periodically over the past 15 years.
- The approach and format are consistent with previous versions, including commentary on top trends, supplemented by capital markets and real estate research.
- The next report in the series will be released in Fall 2011, and will focus on the commercial real estate outlook for 2012 and beyond.
- We welcome any questions or feedback, and the best way to reach us is via theyeskeyrealestate.com site or the contacts provided on the title page.